We are Traction® Tools—the first officially licensed software for companies running on the Entrepreneurial Operating System®, aka EOS®. Our SaaS platform helps companies running on EOS get the most out of their business—from tracking to-dos and analyzing data to running meetings. Traction Tools is one of the many companies within Winter International LLC. And, while you’ll be working for Traction Tools, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with the rest of our Winter International LLC team. This position is 100% remote. Actually, our entire company is fully remote!
About the role
We’re looking for a Product Owner who will help take on the responsibility for successful program implementations. The Product Owner will be planning deliverables, helping teams & monitor performance, making sure the accepted criteria are crystal clear to developers before they work on the card, ensuring communication across all levels.
Role and responsibilities
- Help the team maintain a clear vision by creating and maintaining product roadmap(s).
- Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives.
- Track and communicate the progress of the project(s).
- Start establishing clear business drivers for the product and work closely with leadership to set MVP items for each release.
- Collaborate with respected teams, prioritizing their needs with others.
- Cycle time to reduce customer/support issues (have a plan in place that can be executable and accepted by the customer).
- Clearly communicate MVP items back to the team and be a champion of best agile practices to get the product out with quality and in time.
- Collect requirements from different channels (Users, Stakeholders Support, Sales, Marketing, etc.) and add them in the pipeline to prioritize with Shareholders.
- Work with the QA team to review the QA test cases at the story level and participate in UAT testing.
- Work closely with coaches and others who are in direct contact with customers.
- Use product management tools to communicate the needs of the customers and create new features for future prioritization.
- Enhance and innovate ways to solve complex problems into simple solutions and do necessary root cause analysis when necessary.
- Have a communication plan ready for publish/releases and send out the publish notes to the entire organization and users.
What we look for
- 2-5 years of professional product owner experience or similar role.
- Able to prioritize software development for maximum ROI.
- Ability to ask probing questions to discover the true requirements of a project.
- Great communication skills to ensure deadlines are a must.
- Knows how to say no to scope creep.
- Can take a big project and break it down into smaller pieces for execution.
- Loves to be challenged by enterprise-grade problems.
- Comfortable working in a small, agile environment (startup).
- Have experience working in Jira.
Bonus if you:
- Have past experience working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Experience writing technical grooming cards.
- Ability to make Product Roadmaps for short term and long term.
Enough about us. The perfect fit for our team is…
- A team player. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out a colleague.
- Friendly. You have a great attitude that lends itself to teamwork.
- Motivated. You go the extra mile because, for you, the bare minimum isn’t an option.
- An early adopter. You’re not intimidated by the latest tech. In fact, you love it!
- Organized. You stay on top of projects, and things rarely fall through the cracks.
- An optimizer. You are constantly looking for a better way to get things done, and you like sharing your ideas.
- Inquisitive. You love asking questions (specifically, “why?”).
The hiring process
We take our hiring very seriously—and we hire equally for ability as we do culture fit. The last thing we want is for you to land a job you’re not happy or excited about. That’s not good for you, and it wouldn’t be good for us, either. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from our hiring process. Please note steps may vary slightly depending on the position.
Step one: Interview with your direct supervisor
Step two: Technical interview
Step three: Cultural interview
During the interview process, we’ll also ask you to take the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment™. The Predictive Index measures your most natural behavioral tendencies and overall learning ability. It is not used as a disqualification tool, but rather a way to help us understand overall job fit, create unique interview questions based around your preferences, and ultimately create a better onboarding experience if you inevitably join our team.
At every level, we’re committed to having a culture that rocks. Our team is the most valuable asset we have, and we’re proud to be a diverse, international and passionate group of people. We live and breathe honesty, kindness, helpfulness, continual learning and creative problem-solving. All while being 100% remote!
Around the office (i.e., our Zoom rooms), you’ll hear the word “transparency” a lot, and for a good reason; we believe in radical candor. That is, we believe that honesty, openness and empathy are just as powerful as a hard skill set, and we live that belief at every level of our organization.