Winter International LLC was founded on a simple idea: if we can help people be more productive, we can change the world. Our SaaS platforms help companies running on the Entrepreneurial Operating System®
(or EOS) get the most out of their business—from tracking to-dos and analyzing data to running meetings.
Who we are
We were the first people to create software for EOS, and we’ve been growing ever since (all while being 100% remote!). And at every level, we’re committed to having a culture that rocks. Our team is the most valuable asset we have, and we’re proud to be a diverse, international and passionate group of people. We live and breathe honesty, kindness, helpfulness, continual learning and creative problem-solving.
Around the office (i.e. our Zoom rooms), you’ll hear the word “transparency” a lot, and for a good reason; we believe in radical candor. That is, we believe that honesty, openness and empathy are just as powerful as a hard skill set, and we live that belief at every level of our organization.
About the role
We’re looking for a FullStack Developer with some experience with a FE framework (React, Angular, Vue) .NET experience using Razor pages. (old school MVC). This doesn’t need to be recent experience (last decade is fine). We need someone who can read it, and then rewrite it using best practices.
As a Full Stack software developer at Traction Tools, you will be working with a small team to rapidly iterate on an existing software product. The product is built on ASP.NET 4.5 and MVC 5. We’re looking for someone that is comfortable with it, and can continue to create features, fix usability bugs and provide overall maintenance for this software product. We are exploring options to rewrite, however, it will be a long term project to modernize the tech stack. You will work alongside other full stack developers, a product owner, a dev ops team and will have QA resources to help.
This position will fill a role at Traction Tools, one of the many companies within Winter International LLC. And, while you’ll be working for Traction Tools, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with the rest of our Winter International LLC team.
- Minimum of 5 years ASP.NET development
- Angular 1
- Experience writing software in the entire stack from database queries to CSS framework ideals, standard object-oriented concepts, ask about design concepts. (singletons, factory pattern, service repository architecture, ect)
- Basically, we are looking for a .NET engineer with some FE experience that is ready and willing to take an older project and make it new again.
- Must have- .NET Razor pages (old school MVC), some sort of SQL, in-depth understanding of an ORM of any kind (we use NHibernate currently, but someone that knows EF like the back of their hand would be great)
- Must understand and have implemented relational DB's, understanding of best practices for .NET project structure
- Nice to have: docker, .NET core, microservices (design and implementation), Angular.js
Enough about us. The perfect fit for our team is…
- A team player. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out a colleague.
- Friendly. You have a great attitude that lends itself to teamwork.
- Motivated. You go the extra mile because, for you, the bare minimum isn’t an option.
- An early adopter. You’re not intimidated by the latest tech. In fact, you love it!
- Organized. You stay on top of projects, and things rarely fall through the cracks.
- An optimizer. You are constantly looking for a better way to get things done, and you like sharing your ideas.
- Inquisitive. You love asking questions (specifically, “why?”).
Bonus: You already know about EOS and are familiar with Traction Tools.
The hiring process
We take our hiring very seriously—and we hire equally for ability as we do culture fit. The last thing we want is for you to land a job you’re not happy or excited about. That’s not good for you, and it wouldn’t be good for us, either. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from our hiring process. Please note steps may vary slightly depending on the position.
Step one: Interview with your direct supervisor.
Step two: Technical interview
Step three: Cultural interview
During the interview process, we’ll also ask you to take the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment™. The Predictive Index measures your most natural behavioral tendencies and overall learning ability. It is not used as a disqualification tool, but rather a way to help us understand overall job fit, create unique interview questions based around your preferences, and ultimately create a better onboarding experience if you inevitably join our team.