We are Traction® Tools—the first officially-licensed software for companies running on the Entrepreneurial Operating System®, AKA EOS®. Our SaaS platform helps companies running on EOS get the most out of their business—from tracking to-dos and analyzing data to running meetings. Traction Tools is one of the many companies within Winter International LLC. And, while you’ll be working for Traction Tools, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with the rest of our Winter International LLC team. This position is 100% remote—actually, our entire company is fully remote!
About the role
We’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our executive team. The CFO is accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the organization to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets, report accurate financial results and drive growth.
The CFO provides leadership and direction to all financial staff to ensure company compliance and management of the monthly & quarterly accounting close process, ensuring timely availability of financial data for reporting purposes. This executive must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing a diversified staff of finance professionals. As the key leader in the finance organization, the individual will provide a high level of thought process to drive efficiency improvements and provide forward-thinking ideas to help drive growth in the business.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Partner with the executive leadership team and ownership to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Utilize prior SaaS experience and provide critical foresight as a valued business partner.
- Lead the company finance department, ensuring a high level of service to our operations teams and excellent performance of our accounting staff and vendors.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others across the company.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of potential new business opportunities, profit and loss management, ROI measurement.
- Optimize the handling of vendor and bank relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience running a finance department.
- Prior Controller, VP or EVP of Finance experience required.
- Possesses vast knowledge of up-to-date Finance activities and practices
- Previous success scaling a successful SaaS business.
- Outgoing, ready to roll up your sleeves and lead by example.
- Energetic and highly self-motivated.
- Sense of urgency and initiative.
- Participative leadership approach, empowering others in order to achieve results.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical and communication abilities.
- Open book manager, supportive leader.
- Strategic thinker
- Tax strategy a plus
- Financial modeling is your passion
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience preferred
- Experience building high-performance teams
- Experience driving and growing organizational culture
- Experience developing and executing a business plan
Why work with our team?
- This is a collaborative environment where all can contribute and thrive
- There are no roadblocks or ceilings—endless opportunities
- We have and maintain mutual respect
- This is a learning environment
- Everyone is accountable; a performance-based culture
- We are a TEAM and discourage silos in all we do
- We recognize and celebrate success—YOUR success is OUR success!
- Completed and on-time projects (90% ToDo completion; 80% Rock/Special Projects completion)
- Our business as sustainable and positive, profitable growth
- We have a crystal clear plan (Quarterly, Annually, 3 year)
- We have the right people in the right seats
- All employees are in coaching mode
- Roles & goals are clear and specific for all team members
The hiring process
We take our hiring very seriously—and we hire equally for ability as we do culture fit. The last thing we want is for you to land a job you’re not happy or excited about. That’s not good for you, and it wouldn’t be good for us, either. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from our hiring process. Please note steps may vary slightly depending on the position.
Step one: Interview with your direct supervisor.
Step two: Technical interview
Step three: Cultural interview
During the interview process, we’ll also ask you to take the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment™. The Predictive Index measures your most natural behavioral tendencies and overall learning ability. It is not used as a disqualification tool, but rather a way to help us understand overall job fit, create unique interview questions based around your preferences, and ultimately create a better onboarding experience if you inevitably join our team.
Who we are
At every level, we’re committed to having a culture that rocks. Our team is the most valuable asset we have, and we’re proud to be a diverse, international and passionate group of people. We live and breathe honesty, kindness, helpfulness, continual learning and creative problem-solving. All while being 100% remote!
Around the office (i.e., our Zoom rooms), you’ll hear the word “transparency” a lot, and for a good reason; we believe in radical candor. That is, we believe that honesty, openness, and empathy are just as powerful as a hard skill set, and we live that belief at every level of our organization.