On March 26th 2020, Traction® Tools hosted a virtual webinar event with business leaders and community members to collaborate on ways to survive and thrive during the COVID-19 crisis.
After a brief chat on virtual productivity and an empowerment session with our Visionary, we broke out into small groups to identify common struggles and brainstorm our most inspiring solutions.
What we learned was too good to keep to ourselves:
There are practical resources available for transitioning to remote work or restructuring.
- While getting set up for remote work, have one person go to the office to scan mail, bills, or other important docs needing digital copies.
- Find a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) to handle HR benefits and payroll so you can focus on your business.
- Check your state’s workshare policies on cutting workdays and unemployment insurance for days employees are not working
Communicating through change doesn’t need to be difficult or painful.
- Strengthen relationships by calling existing partners and clients and asking about their challenges and struggles.
- Most people still want to do business, so reach out! People want to go back to work, interact and meet clients.
- People are looking to be productive, and your clients might be much more available to chat. What opportunities can you uncover?
- Share appropriate, helpful content in a human voice. Talk about things that are not directly related to sales. Anticipate and alleviate concerns.
- Communicate regularly as you evaluate the continuously-changing situation.
We all can survive and thrive—here are a few general tips.
- Schedule a collaborative effort to discuss the things you’re grateful for. Tip: Host this discussion in a shared document or designated IM channel so people can contribute gratitudes on their own time.
- Take advantage of any extra time you’ve been given to train, catch up on tasks, make your team as efficient as possible, plan ahead and prevent future fires.
- Don’t move too quickly and make big mistakes as a result of knee-jerk reactions. Take a pause. It’s likely your decisions will change after some reflection.
The conversation doesn’t stop here. Email your own empowering ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re all in this together, and we WILL come out stronger in the new normal!